Sunday, May 29, 2016

Glenwood Grill

Hello again, readers! Hope you're enjoying the first few days of summer! Last night Nate and I went out on a date (have I mentioned you need to date your spouse?)! I researched places to eat and settled on Glenwood Grill because it was local, used regionally sourced ingredients and was highly reviewed. 

Glenwood Grill is located at 2603 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27608. 

We dressed up and drove over. When we pulled up I was a little disappointed to find it was in a strip mall-setting. However I remained hopeful that it would be good. I will admit I felt a little over dressed for the crowd that was there at 7 PM: I was wearing a dress and Nate was in a sport coat; most patrons were not as nice as we were. But still, I remained optimistic. 

Decor: excellent. The restaurant was very small but also intimate. The lighting was very low with candles and flowers on every table, it was extremely romantic. Even the bathrooms were elegant!  

Food appearance: excellent! Food was plated well and looked as appetizing as it tasted.

Food taste: excellent! We began with the Poached Mussels; they were poached with shallots, cream and heaven for all I know! They were so delicate and flavorful it was hard for me to share them with Nate at all. The mussels were served with pieces of crusty bread which was topped with cheese and garlic. 

Nate ordered the Martinated Grilled Mahi Mahi, served on a sweet corn and grit cake with a warm salad of a
artichoke and jumbo lump crab meat and a spinach and ham vinegarette! Every piece was artfully composed and married like a match made in heaven. 

I ordered the Seared Shetland Islands Salmon off the A La Carte menu. The salmon was tender and juicy with the most crisp skin I've ever had on a fish before. My salmon came with an arugula salad with Granny Smith apples, chopped walnuts, blue cheese and a balsamic reduction; is there anything better? 

We ended our meal with a Grand Marnier Creme Brûlée topped with berry compote. The Creme Brûlée was so decadent and sweet with the subtle flavor of Grand Marnier. 

Service: excellent! Our server was friendly, attentive and really strove to make our experience a positive one. 

Cleanliness: excellent! Everything was spotless and beautiful. 

Total: 15/15 

A perfect score for Glenwood Grill! I would recommend this place to anyone for a date night, so romantic, so delicious, and definitely somewhere you'll want to visit over and over again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment