Friday, April 13, 2018

Pizza Blanco AKA White Pizza

I know it's been a hot minute since I've posted anything. I'm sorry. I've definitely been cooking and eating. Just neglecting my duties to keep you informed. But that's about to change! April has been a surprisingly busy month for us. We've been planning trips, preparing for summer and just all around being busy.


Last night after a tough run filled with uphill struggles (literally), I came home and made a pretty incredible pizza - Pizza Blanco. I would never pledge allegiance to any one pizza, because they're all incredibly delicious and varied, but sometimes a good ole' Pizza Blanco comes along and steals the show.


Pizza Blanco


Golden brown, bubbly and paired with a Santa Fe Brewing Company State Pen Porter - because I'm homesick


1 pound (Finally) Perfect Pizza Dough
1 pound whole-milk ricotta cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp crushed red pepper flake
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 C fresh basil, chiffonade


After making your pizza dough and allowing it to rise overnight, preheat oven to 425. Liberally spray a baking sheet with canola oil and spread out your dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.


In a bowl, combine ricotta, garlic, salt and red pepper flake. Spread the mixture onto in a single layer the pizza dough, leaving about 1-inch uncovered on all sides.


Cover the ricotta mixture with the shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.


The dough was perfectly chewy (of course, I'm a pro at making it now), the mixture was creamy and heavenly and the basil was the perfect fresh element. My only complaint was I didn't have more fresh basil to add! I unfortunately let my basil rot a slow and painful death at the bottom of my crisper drawer.


I would highly recommend making this pizza for a busy weeknight because it all came together so quickly!


I was able to get about 10 slices out of the recipe, but of course, my slices may or may not be equal to one of yours.


Stay tuned for a restaurant review coming up!

1 comment: