Thursday, May 17, 2018

Vegetable Stir-Fry: A #HartPartyof1 Series

Good afternoon, readers! I know you just read my super awesome Missoula, MT Review and just couldn't wait to read more of my words! MY PEOPLE NEED ME - I DO THIS ALL FOR YOU!


Anywho, per tradition, I'm ridin' solo this summer and decided to start a new series called #HartPartyof1, during which I'll post recipes good for 1-2 people, or recipes for people who really like having leftovers. Let's face it, cooking for 1 person sucks. It's slightly discouraging to put forth so much effort to make food that only one person is eating. What if the meal doesn't turn out right either? Then you're stuck eating your own awful food or throwing it away knowing that you wasted your time making the awful food.


After a hard run at the gym, I came home and decided to make something easy and filling - Stir Fry. Who doesn't love a good stir fry?


Vegetable Stir-Fry






2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/2 C frozen green peas
1 1/2 C mixed frozen veggies (I used a "Stir Fry Mix" containing snap peas, carrots, water chestnuts, broccoli and bell pepper)
4 Chick'n Nuggets, heated through and diced (I used the Quorn variety)
2 C cooked rice (Boil-in-Bag rice is my new favorite thing)
2-3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
3-4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce, if you like spice, if not, omit it
2 Tsp ground ginger
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste


In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, sauté garlic, onion and bell pepper in olive oil until softened. Add in the peas and mixed veggies and cook uncovered until the veggies are heated through and the water has evaporated. About 10 minutes with minimum stirring.


Add in the rice and chick'n nuggets and stir to combine.


Season everything with the sauces, ginger and black pepper and stir to combine.


Serve and enjoy.


This recipe yielded 3 2-cup servings or enough for a bowl at dinner and 2 days worth of lunch leftovers! Also, fun fact, this recipe was only 370 calories per serving!!! WHAT?!
I also may or may not have had the song Stir Fry by Migos on repeat the entire time I was cooking...


Stay tuned for more quick solo recipes and thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! And I agree that the boil in bag rice is very good. It comes out perfectly fluffy, and the only challenge is draining it.

    ReplyDelete