Monday, June 8, 2015

Got (Leftover) Steak? Make Tacos!

So it is well-known that I really dislike leftovers. Something has got to be really incredible the first time around to make me want to eat it for multiple meals (i.e. pizza, my macaroni and cheese, the chicken pot pie that I made last night which regrettably Nate has all of) aside from that, I have to be either very desperate, lazy or hungry to eat leftovers as-is. 

That being said, tonight for dinner I changed leftovers from something you let live in the fridge until it grows a fuzzy coat into something utterly delicious and satisfying. Nate had a small (probably about 1 1/2 - 2 oz) steak leftover from dinner at the Luna Mansion that he left in the fridge and I didn't want to see that beautiful cut of meat go to waste. 

Steak Tacos


1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 of a yellow onion, chopped
Leftover steak, thinly sliced (1 1/2 - 2 oz)
3 Tbsp jalapeños, drained (I absolutely adore pickled jalapeños, I eat them straight out of the jar)
2 Tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded 
Taco shells, for serving 
1/2 Roma tomato, diced for serving

Heat the oil in a large skillet, sauté onions until they are soft and translucent. Add in jalapeños, (word to the wise don't breathe directly over the skillet, the jalapeño pool will be released and will make your esophagus and lungs instantly  hurt and sad). 

Heat steak in skillet for about a minute per side, luckily my particular steak was cooked rare so I didn't have to worry about over cooking my steak and making it into a piece of leather. 

Load your steak, onions and jalapeños into a taco shell and sprinkle with cheese and top with some delicious fresh tomato. 

I served my tasty tacos with some Ranch Beans, I'm not sure why but I can't get enough of these things. 

Readers, next time you have leftover steak and don't want to just eat it as a steak or with eggs, break out your skillet and consider making a delicious plate of steak tacos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment