Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Nothing Goes Better with Cabbage Than Fruit?

Happy Wednesday, readers! We've successfully survived the first half of the work week (yay us!) and I only cried at work once this week! 

I decided this morning to mix up my smoothie recipe a bit. I (unfortunately) ran out of spinach (my normal go-to) but I fortunately had a head of Napa cabbage left offer from my pitiful pad Thai recipe so I thought "what the hell?"

Napa cabbage, as it turns out, has a miryad of health and nutritional benefits and, despite this sounding odd, was quite tasty in a smoothie. 

2 large leaves of cabbage only have roughly 10 calories (who doesn't love that when they're watching their waistline?) 

Napa cabbage has antioxidant plant compounds and tons of fiber (...yay fiber?) and can help reduce bad cholesterol.

Napa cabbage has folates, vitamin c, vitamin k, vitamin a and electrolytes and minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, iron and magnesium. 

Who knew this leafy veggie, part of the celery family by the way, packed such a nutritional punch? 

Green Cabbage Smoothie 


1 C mixed frozen fruit
1/2 C spinach (I had just a teensy bit left) 
2 large Napa Cabbage leaves, chopped
1/2 C skim milk (or whatever milk you like 
1/4 C water (to thin it out) 

Put everything in a blender and blend  until smooth. 

It sounds really odd and you might think drinking a smoothie with cabbage is strange but the flavor doesn't really come through (thanks to the fruit) and you still get all the healthy stuff (yay health)! 

Enjoy readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment