Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sierra Nevada Mills River



Last weekend Nate and I visited the Sierra Nevada brewery located at 100 Sierra Nevada Way, Fletcher, North Carolina 28732. 

In addition to their beautiful brewery and delicious beers (seriously, go there and take a FREE brewery tour; 18 oz of FREE samples of beers plus behind-the-scenes knowlege and experiences), the Sierra Nevada property also bosts a taproom with a full-service restaurant. 

Decor: excellent. The brewery obviously spared no expense when designing the taproom because it was simply beautiful! 


Food appearance: excellent! Food was served tapas style, so everything was shareable and came out when ready. Food was beautifully and artistically plated. 

Food taste: excellent! I wish I had had 
another stomach with which to eat with. We ordered the duck fat fries, beet salad and apple cinnamon ice cream. The beet salad made me, I hate to admit it, like beets. I do not typically care for beets. Roasted, pickled, put in a stew; I dislike them all equally but these beets were so delicious and paired so well with the tangy goat cheese, sweet balsamic and crisp micro-greens that I almost didn't want to share. The duck fat fries were double fried in duck fat, topped with duck con feit, coated with melted cheddar and drizzled with hot sauce aioli with a side of raspberry mustard for dipping. These fries were nothing short of heavenly and no words can do them justice. The ice cream was a nice way to end the meal; chunks of cinnamon apples running through vanilla ice cream, what's not to like? 




Cleanliness: excellent. The brewery operates like a well-oiled machine, they receive so many visitors a week that they know how to please. The smallest details are handled quickly and efficiently so no problems with cleaning here. 

Service: excellent! Our servers were friendly, knowledgable and definitely made sure we had exactly what we needed to be happy. 

Total: 15/15

Well Sierra Nevada, you have definitely won me over! From your beers I didn't even know existed (still drooling over the Narwhal Imperial Stout), to your gourmet food menu (I'm coming back for the sweetbreads!), I vow to return to the Mills River Location as often as I can to enjoy your hospitality. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll eat sweetbreads? Those fries look to die for.

    ReplyDelete