Thursday, August 24, 2017

Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Ravioli

Good morning, readers! It's Friday Eve and I'm feeling the effects of the work week. This morning waking up was more difficult than usual. I almost considered skipping washing my hair to get an extra 10 minutes of sleep, but ultimately I dragged myself out of bed at 6:20 AM while Nate lay a-snooze.


Yesterday my office was a full house and this morning I spent roughly an hour and a half just cleaning and reorganizing the conference rooms. Is it 5:00 yet? Anyway, enough complaining, on to the recipe!


I got home last night after a spin class and took a look in my fridge to assess my dinner options. Since Nate has a class on Wednesday nights I'm on my own, so I took stock of what was on the verge of going bad and ended up with a pretty tasty meal that didn't take a lot of time to put together.


Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Ravioli



2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
6-8 baby portabella mushrooms, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 Tbsp capers
4 Tbsp jarred pimentos
5 C spinach
1 bag frozen cheese ravioli
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 C parmesan cheese, for serving


In a deep skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add in the mushrooms and bell peppers and cook until softened. Add in the capers, jarred pimentos and spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt and drop the heat to low and add in the butter.


Cook your ravioli according to package directions.


When your ravioli is cooked through, toss with your vegetable mixture (see why a deep skillet is important here?) Pour the balsamic vinegar over the mixture and toss.


Spoon yourself a bowl of ravioli mix and top with shredded parmesan!


This dinner had all the flavors I was craving! Briny from the capers, sweet from the pimento, tangy from the balsamic, fresh from the veggies and of course cheesey. It was awesome! I would totally make this accidental meal again. I was able to get a heaping bowl for myself, a plate for Nate and a storage container-full for Nate to take to lunch today.


Enjoy your Friday Jr., readers!

2 comments:

  1. This was very delicious, and I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frugal. You will have a great retirement!

    ReplyDelete