Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Black Bean Salad: A #HartPartyof1 Series

Happy Hump Day, readers! I hope your day is going better than mine currently is. I know I normally don't complain on these blogs and you think I'm this happy-go-lucky person and like 99.9% of the time I am but I have to get something off my chest - I miss my husband. There. I said it. He's been gone for 22 days at this point and it's been relatively easy up until now. The last 2 days have been torture and today it all came to a head. So it's really put a damper on my mood for today. Plus tomorrow is our 4-year wedding anniversary. Luckily he'll be home this weekend to celebrate.


But now that my complain-fest is over, on to this wonderful recipe I made for dinner last night that's perfect for a quick meal or could even be used as a side or a dip! Who doesn't love that versatility?!


Black Bean Salad






Dressing:
2 limes, juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 Tsp cayenne
1/2 Tsp cumin
2 Tbsp maple syrup/honey


Salad:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can yellow corn kernels, rinsed and drained
2 C fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
2 ripe avocados, diced


In a big mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir. Add black beans, corn, cilantro and red onion to the bowl and mix. Just before serving add in your avocado and stir gently to not mash up the avocadoes too much.


Serve immediately or cover and keep in the fridge.


This recipe took less than 5 minutes to come together and was absolutely scrumptious! I ate a heaping bowlful with some tortilla chips and put the remaining 6 or so cups' worth in the fridge to enjoy tonight for dinner and tomorrow for lunch! I could easily see this salad being served alongside some tacos, grilled meats, or even as a dip for your next party (just get sturdy chips or crackers to hold up to all the deliciousness).


Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more delicious recipes and even a restaurant review or two!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing your husband is coming home tomorrow! Don't be so sad, be excited :)

    ReplyDelete