Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Blackberry Muffins

Hey readers! Welcome back to my humble blog! I hope your week is going along smoothly and you're not battling a cold like I am. I'll spare you the gory details but my sinuses are wreaking havoc on the rest of my body and I'll leave it at that. Anyway, let me take you back to over a week ago when I decided to make muffins on my 26th birthday!

Blackberry-Oat Muffins

Bursting with blackberries!
2 C flour
1 Cquick oats
2/3 C sugar
1Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt
1 1/2 C plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/8 C honey
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 C fresh blackberries

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin liberally with non-stick baking spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.

Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, honey, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.

Fold wet mix into the dry mix and gently fold in blackberries.

Using a 1/4 C ice cream scoop, portion muffin mix into pan and bake for 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (aka "the toothpick test").

This recipe yielded 16 1/4 C muffins.

The muffins were moist, flavorful and especially delicious when heated slightly and topped with melted butter (yum!) I brought a few muffins to a select few at my office and they were all very well received.

1 comment:

  1. Nice texture on these, but make sure to add extra sugar if you use tart blackberries

    ReplyDelete