Monday, September 28, 2015

Garbanzo and Vegetable Casserole (Soup)

Happy Wednesday, readers! Sorry for the hiatus! I've been very busy being a functioning adult (aka I got a job and work a lot now). Despite this newfound functioning, tonight I got home early enough to treat my hubby to vegetarian meal from our new favorite vegetarian cookbook! 

Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Casserole (Soup) 

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced 
3 cloves garlic, minced 
8 oz spinach 
1 fennel bulb, cut into eighths 
1 red bell pepper, diced 
1 Tbsp flour 
1 can garbanzo beans, drained 
3 3/4 C vegetable stock 
6 Tbsp dry white wine 
1 tbs ground coriander 
1/2 tbsp paprika 
Salt and pepper, to taste 

Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Add in spinach and cook for 4 minutes or until wilted. 

Add in fennel bulb and pepper, cook for 2 minutes. 

Stir in flour. 

Add in the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. 

I call this a "soup" rather than a casserole because it is very liquidy. I followed the recipe exactly without deviating so I think the recipe-writers should've named this recipe differently. 

I will confess that this recipe wasn't my favorite. At all. Ever. I would probably not make it again but you're more than welcome to try this recipe. Perhaps you'll have better luck with this than I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment