Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tortilla Chips

Do you know what I hate? Leftover corn tortillas. Bear with me a second: so you have a recipe that calls for 6 tortillas, but the smallest amount you can buy is 35; what do you do with the rest? Make tacos? Sure, that takes care of another 6. Make chiliquiles? Why not, that's another 6. So we have 20  tortillas used and 15 to go. MY GOD WHAT DO WE USE THESE CORN TORTILLAS FOR?!

How about homemade tortilla chips? They're easy to make and taste delicious! I came up with this idea this evening when I realized I have 35 tortillas and absolutely nothing to do with them so hopefully if you ever find yourself in this situation you'll remember this post and be inspired to make some tortilla chips.

Baked Tortilla Chips


6 corn tortillas
3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste

Heat oven to 350.

Stack tortillas and cut into quarters.

Brush cut pieces with olive oil and season with salt.

Bake chips for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.

These chips will pair perfectly with my recipe for green chile stew, my recipe for guacamole, cheesy queso dip, spinach and artichoke dip or your favorite salsa!

I hope you enjoyed my rant about my absolute hatred for leftover corn tortillas and will never again be plagued with the question of "WHY ARE THERE SO MANY AND WHAT ON EARTH WILL I USE THEM FOR?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment