Sunday, April 16, 2017

Reinventing Rachael's Tuna Pan Bagnat

Happy Easter, readers! I hope you were able to spend this Sunday with your family and if you're not religious I hope you enjoyed beautiful weather wherever you live!

This morning I invited a friend over for lemon poppy seed waffles, a simple fruit salad and of course, an awful lot of mimosas! It was a lovely morning! After a lovely morning of getting loaded (just kidding), I deep cleaned the apartment and planted some wildflowers and parsley.

If you know me, you know I am picky about leftovers. The only leftover item I will eat without complaint is pizza. Pizza is spectacular in any and all manners - cold, hot, veggies, cheese, meat - it's all incredible. Anyway, so I took a major step in adulthood today: I ate leftovers. However instead of eating my Tuna Pan Bagnat from last night as is, I transformed it into something even better: GRILLED CHEESE. Isn't it amazing that anything can be made into grilled cheese? It's one of the simplest dishes but truly one of the greats.

Tuna Pan Bagnat Grilled Cheese


Follow recipe from the link above.
1 Tbsp butter
2 slices wheat bread
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

In a small skillet over medium heat, butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread butter-side down in the skillet and allow to slowly heat.

Sprinkle 1/4 C of cheese on the bread and allow to begin melting. Throw a heaping portion of Tuna Pan Bagnat on top of the slightly melted cheese and top with the remaining 1/4 C of cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid to melt and flip the sandwich over after 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown.

This sandwich was delicious! I may even wager to say it was better the second time around after being given an evening to marinate in all the fantastic briny juices.

Good luck on Monday morning, readers! Look out for some new recipes this week!

1 comment: