Saturday, April 22, 2017

Reinventing Rachael's Tuna Pan Bagnat...Again

So I know I promised vegetarian recipes and I've yet to deliver so you're probably thinking..."she lies, she's probably just going and grabbing food at some take out place instead of actually cooking." Actually I'm not. I'm actually cooking for myself, just food that I've already blogged about.

You never realize how little you eat until you cook for 1. With Nate still indisposed, I've been eating off the same 3 meals since Sunday: Tuna Pan Bagnat, Black Bean Burgers with Seasoned French Fries, and a Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza from Papa Murphy's Pizza. Even with eating Tuna Pan Bagnat sandwiches for lunch 4 days this week and dinner one night, this morning I still had an almost entirely full bowl in my fridge. It was almost like it was regenerating over night...how is that even possible?!

So I woke up this morning and finally decided - I can't see this bowl of Tuna Pan Bagnat filling in my fridge any longer or I will scream so I did what any logical, semi-hungover person would do: mix it with eggs and top with cheese. As an aside, have you ever noticed that you can make literally any food becomes breakfast food with the addition of eggs? Leftover steak? Add eggs. Leftover taco meat? Add eggs. Leftover vegetables? Mix those with some eggs!

My initial idea was to make a Tuna Pan Bagnat frittata and began all the preparations; heating the oven, quickly heating up the filling in a skillet, adding eggs and then I realized that I had prepared all the filling and eggs in a non-oven safe skillet so there went that plan so instead: BEHOLD! A very flat omlette-esque Tuna Pan Bagnat.

Tuna Pan Bagnat Omelette-Thing?



2 Tbsp olive oil
Leftover Tuna Pan Bagnat Filling (recipe here)
2 eggs
2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 Tsp paprika
1/2 Tsp garlic powder
1/2 C mozzarella cheese

In a deep skillet over medium heat, heat up the heaping bowl of Tuna Pan Bagnat Filling you undoubtedly still have in your fridge with the olive oil until warmed through.

In a small bowl, beat together eggs, whipping cream and spices. Pour evenly over Tuna Pan Bagnat Filling and allow to set for 5 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with a lid to allow to melt. 

The omlette-thing turned out delicious, it was perfect for my post-hangover weekend breakfast mood. I think feta or Parmesan cheese would be a great substitution for the mozzarella cheese.

I still have 3/4 of the of my skillets' worth of omlette-thing but hey, at least there's no longer a bowl of Tuna Pan Bagnat in my fridge anymore! All about the silver lining, right? Stay tuned for more vegetarian recipes that I have every intention of making and blogging about in the very near future. Have a lovely weekend, readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment