Friday, September 22, 2017

The Pioneer Woman's Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp

Happy Friday, readers! So much to be excited about today! 1) It's finally Friday, meaning we've made it through another work week and have 2 whole days to relax and folic. 2) Today is the first day of my very favorite season: FALL. Yes, I adore anything fall-related. The fashion, the color scheme, pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING, warm and comforting meals, blankets, changing leaves! ALL OF IT. 3) I have a mid-day date with my husband to get ice cream and I'm super stoked about it. 4) Tonight Nate and I are going to an Octoberfest party at Raleigh Brewing Company . But before all the fun and beer, I'll take you back to last night's dinner.


I haven't been using my cookbooks as much lately and I wanted to change that. While all of them contain tried and true recipes I love, I decided to choose a recipe I hadn't made before to try out and the Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier (Drummond, 2009) was the perfect first new recipe to make!


Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp



1/2 C chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces (I only used 1/4 C of butter)
4 cloves peeled garlic, left whole
1/4 C fresh parsley
juice of 2 lemons
1 Tsp salt
fresh cracked black pepper
1 Tsp red pepper flake
2 Tbsp hot sauce, optional (I used Tobasco)
2 lb jumbo raw shrimp; deveined, shells and tails removed (I only used 1 lb of shrimp)
crusty bread, for serving


Preheat oven to 375.


Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.


In a food processor, combine butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, and hot sauce (if you like it hot). Pulse the mixture a few times to bring everything together. NOTE: DO NOT PULVERIZE. You still want there to be some chunks.


Once your shrimp are deveined and peeled, space them evenly on the baking sheet and top each one with about 1/2 Tbsp of butter mixture. After all the butter is distributed, divide the remaining butter up on the baking sheet itself.


Roast the shrimp for 20 minutes or until butter is bubbly and shrimp are cooked through.


Serve with crusty bread to soak up all the delicious flavored butter!


The shrimp were succulent and had the perfect flavor! It was citrusy, fresh, garlic-y and definitely spicy. The butter was so good I would've drank it, but I settled for sopping it up with the warm, crusty bread instead.


I was able to get 2 servings out of this recipe (11 shrimp each for Nate and I).


Stay tuned for more excellent recipes, readers!

1 comment:

  1. This was really tasty. I liked how using the bread to soak up juices was part of the meal.

    ReplyDelete