Monday, October 23, 2017

Beasley's Chicken and Honey

So I've been doing plenty of cooking, but not a whole lot of blogging, which I'm sure you've undoubtedly noticed - so prepare yourself for a slew of posts tonight! You're welcome! I hope you had no plans for this evening because I'm about to take around 20 or so of them! YAY ME! So let's get crackin'!

As you are my loyal fans, I'm sure you popped over to this post because you just read all about my Poltergeist Green Chile Posole (in a Crock Pot) and heard about my lunch trip to Beasley's Chicken and Honey. Now I'm sure your first thought is "Lindsey, as a pescatarian why are you going somewhere that has chicken in the name?" Well, I'll tell you: veggie sandwich. It may sound odd that a restaurant that's famous for it's fried chicken has a truly phenomenal vegetable sandwich but Beasley's delivers.

I've been to Beasley's four times now - twice as a meat-eater and twice as a pescatarian and all times were sublime! Beasley's Chicken and Honey is located in the heart of downtown Raleigh at 237 S Wilmington St, Raleigh, NC 27601.

Beasley's Chicken and Honey

Decor: Beasley's is a very small restaurant. Comfortably, I would be surprised if it sat more than 30 or so guests. There is a large L-shaped bar, a long communal table in the center of the restaurant and smaller tables surrounding. The menu is written on chalkboard on the walls and everything is a mix of industrial and rustic-farmouse style.

Food appearance: Ashley Christensen's name is on it so you know the food looks as delectable as it tastes. Food is served on silver platters, plain white plates and drinks are in mason jars.

Food taste: Tuesday's lunch was the Veggie Sandwich (served a la carte) and a side salad. This vegetable sandwich is so good even my non-vegetarian boss ordered it instead of the chicken! The sandwich is stuffed with alfalfa sprouts, ripe avocado, Hoop cheddar cheese, and thick slices of tomato on two slices of buttery toasted bread slathered with horseradish mayo. Now if you're not salivating there's something seriously wrong with you. The vegetables were fresh, the bread crisp and buttery and the horseradish mayo tied everything together like a big bow!

The salad was a mix of lettuces, cucumbers and juicy pieces of tomatoes tossed in a red wine vinaigrette! A cool thing about Beasley's (besides everything) is that all the sides available minus the gravy on the mashed potatoes are vegetarian! I've never been to a more vegetarian-friendly chicken joint in my life!



Other menu items of note are the Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich (delish), the Chicken Biscuit topped with sweet honey and the Pimento Macaroni and Cheese Custard which is every bit as decadent as it sounds. My other boss ordered the Chicken Pot Pie, which looked more like a chicken soup featuring a flaky thin crust but she said it was good.



Service: Despite the chaos that was ensuing from the filming of the Travel Channel episode in the center of the restaurant, service was excellent! No glasses were empty, dirty plates were not left long and our server even bosed up my leftovers himself! I've never been disappointed with any of the service I've received at any of the AC brand restaurants and Beasley's is no exception.

Cleanliness: Every time I've visited the restaurant, everything's been neat and tidy so I can't attribute their exceptional cleanliness to the fact they were filming there but I'm sure it helped!

I would recommend anyone a trip to Beasley's to absolutely anyone in the Raleigh area or anyone anywhere even close to the Raleigh area! Really, it's that good! Look for the back of my head coming to a television tuned to the Travel Channel near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment