Sunday, March 1, 2015

Chama River Brewing Company

Friday and yesterday Albuquerque was hit by a freak and severe snow storm; we received a whopping 9 inches of snow (take that you people who think New Mexico is a constant sunny and 75). Friday night the roads were so bad that I was stuck at a friend's house until yesterday morning around 10:30 (and even then it took me 30 minutes to take a drive that usually takes 10). 

Anyhow, by last night the roads were bone dry and I was hungry, I had very few food choices in my pantry, and Nate was stuck in College Station due to bad weather so I was exstatic when I was invited for dinner and a drink at Chama River Brewing Company. 

The resturant is located at 4939 Pan American Fwy, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109. The brewery has 6 beers on tap along with 4 seasonal beers; last night I ordered the Chama River Amber which was the perfect flavor - I would definitely order it again. 

One note I have on this place is that it's expensive. The lunch menu is around $10 per plate but the dinner menu is a minimum of $18 per plate. 

Decor: excellent, the resturant is probably one of the nicest breweries I've ever been to. It's a place that you could feel more than comfortable going to on a fancy date or when you're hungry and too lazy to cook for yourself.
Cleanliness: excellent, as a fancy resturant it was immaculate. 
Food taste: good, I ordered the CRBC Classic Burger with Swiss cheese, bacon and sautéed onions and a side of french fries. While the burger was good, I think it was pretty overpriced. The price of the burger (just the plain burger with no cheese or anything else) was $9.25; the cost of the extra toppings was $1.25 per topping. The fries were delicious though; crispy, hand cut, salty. Oh and a girl walks around with a basket of bread and offers it them to you. I got the green chile cheese roll which was reminiscent of a Red Lobster cheddar bay roll. 



Food appearance: good, the food was served in an appetizing manner. 
Service: excellent, our waiter was attentive. 

Total: 13/15

It was a good place but in my opinion overpriced for the food that was offered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment