Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mexi-dogs (Using Leftovers)

So this post is kinda a cheat because I'm not cooking anything as much as I am just re-heating but it's a great way to use leftovers! 

WARNING: POST CONTAINS SOME FOUL LANGUAGE THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME READERS! 

So if you read my "Sunday Fiesta" post, which you all should've because I'm brilliant (just kidding) but if you had read it you will already know how to make the Spanish rice (of which I had about 3 cups' worth leftover), tomatillo sauce (of which about half the batch was leftover) and you should have leftover tortillas because packs of tortillas are always too large. 

So what do you do with all these leftovers? Turn them into mexi-dogs of course! 


I love hot dogs, I don't know why but I absolutely adore them. I crave them. Despite the fact they're made of "pig lips and assholes," to quote fictional character Jesse Pinkman of Breaking Bad fame, I don't care. I think they're fantastic so tonight we're having weenies for dinner. 

Mexi-Dogs with Spanish Rice 

Hot Dogs (I prefer the "all beef" varieties) boiled
1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded 
1 C guacamole (refer to my "Taco Tuesday (On A Sunday)" post for recipe)
Tortillas, warmed 
1 C tomatillo sauce or however much you have leftover (refer to my "Sunday Fiesta" post for recipe) 
3 C  Spanish Rice for side (refer to my "Sunday Fiesta" post for recipe) 

Boil hot dogs until heated through, should only take about 5-10 minutes. 

Heat up rice in microwave. 

Heat through tomatillo sauce (microwave or stovetop, your choice). 

Place cooked hot dog in center of warmed tortilla, add in desired amount of guacamole, sprinkle top with cheese, spoon some tomatillo sauce in and roll up like a burrito. Serve with rice. 

Viola! There you have something completely new with leftover ingredients! 

Enjoy this cheat post, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment