Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Fault In Our Stars

This isn't about food, I feel the need to preface this post with that in case you were hoping this would be a review of some trendy restaurant or a recipe but trust me, this isn't either of those. 

Have you ever loved someone so much that it just consumed you? Has your love for someone else meant so much that they're a vital part of your being? Well, if you haven't yet I both pity and envy you. 

I pity you because you don't know what it feels like to love that deeply and completely - you don't know what it feels like to think of someone and instantly be reduced to a puddle of tears of gratitude.  And I envy you because you don't know what it feels like to be that vulnerable. Vulnerable to the point that the entirety of your being rests in the hands of another. 

Why am I feeling so gushy? Well, part of it is because I just caught the last 5 minutes of The Fault in Our Stars, a fantastic book and film adaptation that never fails to make me Kim Kardashian ugly cry, and my husband and I are quickly approaching our one year wedding anniversary. 

It is terrifying to open yourself up to someone else to such a degree that they are apart of you. To further this point, being married is my greatest accomplishment. Somehow, miraculously, I found a man who is caring, sweet, supportive, and just all around incredible and frankly, I haven't the slightest idea how. I would describe myself as shy, self conscious, occasionally cranky, incredibly sarcastic and not with a great history...how on earth did I acclplish this? 

Sorry for the uncharacteristic post and I hope some of you can relate and for those of you who do not know what this feels like, I sincerely hope you find it. I hope you will one day (soon) know what it feels like to have the constant anxiety that your happiness and sanity relies solely on one person. 

1 comment: