Monday, August 24, 2015

Beasley's Chicken and Honey

So we've been in Raleigh for almost 3 weeks now and things have been a little rocky. I have yet to find employment, despite my best efforts but there are silver linings in moving 2,000 miles from my home of 22 years:

1) I get to reinvent my living situation. Our apartment is slowly coming together and looking like an actual home. We have curtains in the bedroom and bought our first couch and recliner for our living room so our apartment is actually furnished now (yay).

2) Lots and lots of new restaurants to try out and review!! 

One of these new restaurants is Beasley's Chicken + Honey, located at 237 S Wilmington St, Raleigh, NC 27601. 

I am picky about my fried chicken. There is a fine line between crispy and juicy and soggy and greasy. I don't know how Beasley's does it, but this chicken is sublime. If eating copious amounts of fried chicken wouldn't make me gargantuan and put a massive strain on my wallet, I would eat here daily. 

Decor: good, you know I'm a sucker for the modernist movement! Exposed pipes, woods, lots of metal. One if the best things about Beasley's is the extremely large family-style table in the middle of the resturant. 

Food appearance: excellent! Food was plated on silver trays, drinks in varying sizes of mason jars and all chicken coated in honey. 



Food taste: excellent! Everything on their menu (chalked behind the bar and on the celing) sounded divine! Southern classics like fried 1/4 fried chicken, chicken and waffles, pimento macaroni and cheese , roasted beets, and on Saturday and Sunday a brunch menu is offered with accompanying drinks. I ordered the chicken biscuit! A beautifully crispy and golden brown chicken breast atop a fluffy and buttery biscuit with honey, Dijon mustard and house-pickled green tomatoes. The pickled tomatoes coupled with the sweet honey and salty and buttery chicken made for a perfect meal. I paired my chicken biscuit with the creamy, cheesy and decadent pimento macaroni and cheese. Nate ordered the quarter fried chicken with roasted beets. The fried chicken was perfect and the beets were beets. 

Service: excellent, perhaps it's just the southern hospitality but I truly felt welcomed into this resturant. I was greeted at the door, greeted at the bar where we sat, and was checked up on frequently. 

Cleanliness: good. Resturant was clean, bathrooms were clean, tables were bussed quickly. 

Total: 13/15 

I would go back to Beasley's Chicken + Honey in a heartbeat! Chicken was incredible, macaroni and cheese was incredible and the other menu items and drinks looked and sounded fantastic. 

1 comment: