Monday, August 24, 2015

Pirate's Cove Restaurant

One of the best things about moving to North Carolina is that my oldest sister, "sissy" is only 3 hours away in Virginia! So after spending 48 hours in Raleigh, I packed up my car and headed off to Virginia Beach for a visit. 

After meeting my niece and catching up with my nephews, we went to dinner at Pirate's Cove Resturant, located at 109 Gainsborough Square, Chesapeake, VA 23320. 

Pirate's Cove was rated number 5 on Trip Advisor for Chesapeake and has won numerous awards for their dishes. 

Decor: good, it was the perfect mix of tacky and classy. While there was a giant wooden pirate greeting you at the door, the booths were dark wood and the napkins were cloth. It was family-friendly but you could go for a date night. 
Food appearance: good, attention and care when dishes were plated however any sauce came in a plastic cup with a lid. 

Food taste: good, we decided to try their award winning crab cake appetizer and I can definitely see why it was award winning! I have never had a crab cake that was almost all crab! It was flaky, buttery, delicious and came with tartar sauce, which I normally don't like but it was sweeter than a normal tartar and complimented the freshly squeezed lemon juice in the cake. They also had a delicious cocktail sauce that was very horseradish-y. I ordered the tuna steak sandwich which I was disappointed to learn they would not cook any less than medium. The flavors were still good though. 
Service: poor, our waitress was a little rude and not very attentive. 
Cleanliness: poor, there was gum stuck under our table and some straw wrappers in the floor. 

Total: 8/15 

Well, the crab cake was utterly fabulous but the rest was not. I do not understand why this Resturant was so highly rated personally, but don't let me sway your opinion. 

1 comment: