Thursday, September 6, 2018

Green Chile Pizza

Good morning readers! I apologize for the extended hiatus! I've been a busy worker-bee at my company, cooking up a storm and celebrating my husband's return from New Mexico! I'll give you a quick refresher: it's ridiculously hot and humid in Raleigh, Nate is finally home, food is good. Alright, you're all caught up so we'll move along to the recipe. I was inspired to make this pizza after my trips to Golden Crown Panaderia in Albuquerque. The Panaderia makes red and green chile bread loaves and green chile pizza dough! Chile runs through my veins and soul, I had to make this at home.


Green Chile Pizza


Look at all that chile and crusty cheese!




1 Pound Finally Perfect Pizza Dough
2 Tbsp green chile powder, mix to the dough before refrigerating overnight
1/2 C Green Monster Pesto
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 C fresh spinach
1/2 C roasted chopped green chile
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil, for brushing
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning


Preheat oven to 425.


After your pizza dough has risen in the fridge overnight, roll out onto a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pierce with a fork to prevent bubbles.


Spread on Green Monster Pesto in a single even layer leaving about 1-inch around all the crusts.


Evenly layer vegetables, chile and cheese. Brush the exposed crusts with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning.


Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the cookie sheet half-way through for even cooking.


Serve your pizza up the New Mexican way with some tasty Green Chile Ranch Dressing from Dion's pizza, or regular ranch dressing if you're not located in the Southwest.


Pizza and Dion's Green Chile Ranch - there's no other way to eat a pizza


This pizza was delicious! Chewy, spicy, vegetable-y and most importantly, nostalgic.


I have a stockpile of recipes I've been meaning to blog about so sit tight for more!

1 comment: