Sunday, June 7, 2020

Cranberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast

Good afternoon, readers! It is Sunday afternoon, I just got back from a quick run and I'm patiently awaiting our 7:00 PM anniversary meal at the surprise location! I have some laundry and house cleaning to get to but I figured I'd put that off by blogging and giving my loyal fans a new recipe!

Cranberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast


Cranberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast topped with Grade A Maple Syrup and a side of fresh cherries 
French Toast 

6 Slices Soft Bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick (we used a local bread we picked up at the Santa Fe Farmer's Market)
4 Large Eggs
1/4 C Milk
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Butter, divided

Slice your bread 1/2 inch thick and set aside.

In a shallow bowl, mix together eggs, milk and seasonings. Coat each side of the bread slices with egg mixture and allow to soak for 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt 1/2 Tbsp of butter over medium-low heat. After butter is completely melted, cook the bread 2 slices at a time for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the egg is fully cooked and golden. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.

Now this French Toast would taste great with a smear of butter and drizzle of Grade A maple syrup, but why do that when you could go all out and stuff it?!

Cranberry Cream Cheese

1/2 Block Plain Cream Cheese, softened
3 Tbsp Cranberry Butter
1 Tsp Powdered Sugar

In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cranberry butter and powdered sugar using a hand mixer. Mix until fully combined. Taste for sweetness and add more sugar if necessary.

I used Cranberry Butter because I had a jar of homemade stuff in my fridge, but I'm confident this recipe would taste equally magnificent with any type of jam, jelly, marmalade or fruit butter! Try what you like! 

Take 2-3 Tbsp of cranberry cream cheese and slather on 1 slice of cooked French toast, top with another slice of cooked French toast. Repeat with remaining slices and filling.

Pro Tip: if there's leftover filling, just eat it with a spoon! It's the weekend, that means calories don't count!

This dish is perfect for a weekend brunch, Mother's Day breakfast in bed, or just to show your sweetie you care about them (though maybe not their arteries and sugar intake)!

I can't wait to share with you where my darling husband is taking me for dinner tonight and share many more great recipes with you! Happy Sunday!

1 comment: