Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tuna with Avocado

Hello again, readers! Allow me to begin this post by stating I hate chunk light tuna and mayo.  Tuna always reminded me of cat food and mayo is just so heavy and thick and eggy that I can't stand it! Having said that you can imagine my surprise when I suddenly had the urge to buy tuna. 

However I had a secret weapon that made it palatable to me: AVOCADO! Anyone who knows me personally knows that avocado is my vice. I add guacamole to my New Mexican food regardless of what it is, homemade guacamole is gone within hours at my home and if a sandwich has avocado in the ingredients you can bet I'm ordering it. 



Tuna salad with Avocado 
1 pouch chunk light tuna in water
1 ripe Hass avocado
1 Tsp lemon zest 
1 Tsp lemon juice 
Salt and pepper to taste 
1/4 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp chile powder (optional) 

Half and pit avocado and slice and then cube into a small bowl (or Tupperware if you're bringing it to lunch).
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.

Upon opening the pouch I had the smell wash over me and had to keep myself from thinking I was about to willingly ingest cat food (probably didn't help that our cat Sammy wouldn't stop circling my legs and meowing either). 

However I am currently eating the tuna salad and, I honestly can't believe I'm admitting this but I LOVE IT! Who'd have guessed that a food that would've sent me running to the hills is making my mouth water? Just goes to show your tastebuds change, I suppose. 


Happy eating! 

1 comment:

  1. It's paleo, too. Sounds delicious. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete