Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sadie's of New Mexico

Good morning readers! This morning has seen zero productivity. My alarm to go to BootyBarre (best workout class ever) went off at 7:15 and I snoozed it and laid there instead. I got up to make breakfast but returned to bed immediately afterwards where I have stayed for about an hour. Aren't Saturday's great?! 
Anyway, last night neither Nate nor myself wanted to cook so we decided to visit a New Mexican tradition: Sadie's! Ironically, the location we visited last night , Sadie's East located at 15 Hotel Circle NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87123 was the first location I ever visited! This particular location is pretty small, maybe about 150 seats with a separate bar area. 
The menu is full of New Mexican classics and Sadie's is well known for big portions (I recommend doing a la carte; you don't get the rice and beans but I always come home with half my order). The prices are around $10/dinner depending on what you order and I definitely recommend ordering a half carafe of margaritas if more than 1 person will be drinking them (or if that one person just wants to get hammered).
In addition to the food I've come to know and love, their line of salsas ranging from mild to hot are also a New Mexican staple. 


Seeing as Nate and I had both had tough weeks, we indulged a little bit with our drink orders; I started off with a pint of Sam Adams while he went with the house margarita (which tasted like pure tequila...) but then after consulting their menu of specialty margaritas (of which there are 5) we decided to get a half carafe of the Blue Margarita, named for its obvious blue color and it was delicious! It was sour, lime-y, citrus-y and the tequila flavor was present without being overpowering. 

Decor: poor, this particular location isn't decorated at all. 
Cleanliness: good, the tables, chairs and floor were all clean. 
Food appearance: good, food was brought out looking appetizing and neat. 

Food taste: excellent, everything from the salsa brought out before the meal to the chile on our orders was on point! I ordered their famous stuffed sopapilla (fluffy, doughy pillows stuffed with meat, beans, cheese and potatoes) with the spicy ground beef and cheese with Christmas chile with a side of guacamole, of course. While Nate ordered cheese enchiladas with red chile. 
Both were absolutely delicious and worth the hours I'll have to spend in the gym working them off.
Service: excellent, the servers were attentive and refilled our chips, salsa and drinks before we had even noticed they needed refilling! 

Total: 11/15

Sadie's of New Mexico is a New Mexican tradition for their food but don't expect much by way of decor or fancy here (at least at this location; the Sadie's on 4th location is more touristy in decor). Last night it was mainly occupied by people like my husband and I who just wanted to drink away the troubles of the week. However, one thing is for certain, you will not leave hungry! I still have 2 regular sopapillas, a stuffed sopapilla and guacamole waiting for me in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment