Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Buffalo Chickpea Casserole

Good morning, readers and happy birthday to this great nation of ours! While she may not always be perfect (especially lately) she is ours and we need to respect her. Anyway, enough of that and onto the recipe! I had my leftover Buffalo Chickpea Salad Salad chillin' in a bowl in my fridge since I made it and frankly, I've always been kinda weird about cold food. Our ancestors discovered fire and it's a disservice to their memory to only eat cold food after all their hard work and most likely trial and error. Anyway, so I decided I wanted to turn it into one of my favorite things: casserole!

Buffalo Chickpea Casserole


1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 Tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tsp dry ranch dressing seasoning
Pinch cayenne pepper
3 C Buffalo Chickpea Salad mixture
2 C garlic breadcrumbs (I made my own using garlic croutons!)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets and toss with olive oil and spices. Roast cauliflower for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.

Meanwhile make your breadcrumbs! I blitzed up about 1-1 1/2 C of whole garlic croutons in my blender until they were the perfect breadcrumb size.

Spray a 9X9 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and place cooked cauliflower in the bottom. Top with buffalo chickpea salad mixture and spread into a smooth layer. Top with delicious breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes.

This dinner was delightful and delicious and a cinch to make! I topped with a little more buffalo sauce (because it is phenomenal) and a drizzle of ranch dressing when I served myself a bowl. Highly  recommend it for a easy weeknight meal!



Have a happy 4th of July, readers! Today and every day remember what our great country REALLY stands for and why we're so lucky to call it home.

2 comments: