Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Red, White and Booze Punch

Good morning, readers! Happy 5th of July! I hope the fireworks didn't last past 1:00 AM (that's illegal, you know), your furry friends weren't too anxious and you're not too hungover this morning. I am happy to announce that I was soundly asleep at 11:00 PM, my cats were safe and comfortable and the 32 oz of water and 2 ibuprofen I took before bed took care of any potential hangover. Go me!


However before 11:00 PM I enjoyed a day of indulgence. I ate my friend's Fat Fighting 7-Layer Dip (courtesy of Dr. Oz), chocolate chip cookies (courtesy of Tollhouse) and drank lots and lots of beer and my delicious and highly demanded Red, White and Booze Punch!


Red, White and Booze Punch


1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (I used pink lemonade)
1 1/2 C fruit-flavored vodka (I used Huckleberry Vodka from 44 Degrees distillery)
12 oz light colored beer (Heineken, Michelob Ultra or Bud Light work best)
2 fresh white peaches, sliced
5 strawberries, sliced into rounds
Water


In a 2 quart pitcher, combine lemonade, vodka and beer. Add enough water to fill the picture to just below the 2 quart mark leaving room for fruit. Stir.


Add in your freshly sliced fruit. Serve in a wine glass for optimum aesthetic, but the punch tastes just as good in a plastic red cup.


Disclaimer: This drink is for those ages 21 and over! Also, this punch is one of those sneaky drinks that suddenly hits you! The sweetness of the fruit juice hides the alcohol flavor, thus you can drink 3 cups and before you know if you're on the floor with no pants on so be cautious!


Enjoy the punch, readers!

1 comment:

  1. If you're me you can just drink half a bottle of Fuze and mix in a cup of tequila and a beer. This version looks better, though.

    ReplyDelete