Monday, July 10, 2017

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Good morning readers and happy Monday! You may be asking yourself, "why is Monday happy at all?" well, today marks a short 4 more days until I see my beloved husband again! For those of you keeping track, I haven't seen him in a month so you can probably understand my excitement.


Yesterday while I was trying to fill the endless hours of boredom and slight loneliness, I decided to bake cookies for the wonderful gentleman of the Service Center here at my office to thank them for all the countless times they've assisted me since I began working here, plus, not going to lie here, I wanted a cookie for myself.


White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies


8 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/4 C brown sugar, packed
1/2 C white sugar
1 egg
1 Tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 Tsp baking soda
1/4 Tsp salt
*1 C white chocolate chips
*1/2 C dried cranberries


Preheat oven to 350.


In a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment, cream together butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy. Incorporate the egg and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda and salt until the mixture looks like cookie dough.


WARNING: this dough is extremely soft but that's how it's supposed to look. 


*Now, I decided to divide my batter in half to make a few plain Chocolate Chip cookies in addition to the White Chocolate Cranberry. As such, I divided the number of chocolate chips and cranberries in half and used an additional 1/2 C milk chocolate chips.


In a separate bowl, place about half of the dough mixture and fold in about 1/2 C milk chocolate chips.


Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly distributed.


Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or wax paper and portion out cookies. I like using a 1/4 C ice cream scoop for this. Gently press down scoops to make cookies even thickness. Some of my cookies were a little larger than others but I was able to get about 15 cookies out of the batter.


Bake for 15 minutes adding time if necessary.


The edges of my cookies were a little more browned and crisp than I usually like them thanks to my R2-D2 timer neglecting to buzz, but the center was still soft and chewy.


Enjoy your Monday, readers! Stay tuned for HG's Awesome Eggplant Stir-Fry courtesy of Hungry Girl!

1 comment: