Saturday, December 27, 2014

Grady's Grille

Hello everybody! For some reason when I typed that I heard Dr. Nick (you know, from the Simpson's?) voice in my head...anywho today my mother-in-law and I indulged in a day of girly pampering while the men went off shooting. 

Our pampering consisted of beautifully done manicures at Tokyo Nails whose address is 18733 Dixie Hwy, Homewood, Illinois, 60430, seriously readers, these women do great work! We were in and out in 45 minutes even with a wait and the price was great!  We decided to grab some lunch at the nearby Grady's Grille located at 18147 Harwood Avenue, Homewood, Illinois 60430. The restaurant itself is a contemporary casual. It's a place you could go for a girls night out but you don't feel out of place going there at 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday in jeans. 

After being seated, the server came around with a tray of their daily specials. Today's selection was a Greek flatbread, shrimp salad and chicken caprese panini. I liked that the restaurant actually brought around plates of their specials because you actually could see what they would look like when they were served to you. 

Their specialty cocktail list is long and even includes a list of daily specials (Saturday's was $6 Long Island iced teas). After being stuck between two different martinis I decided to ask the server what she would recommend and I'm very glad I took her advice! She recommended the cucumber martini and it was so crisp and refreshing! It kinda made me feel like I was drinking the fancy "spa" water. 

The entree menu consisted of gourmet burgers, fresh salads, sandwiches, paninis and tacos. I decided on the 1/2 sandwich and soup combo with the spinach artichoke chicken panini and a cup of the chicken tortilla soup (to my surprise I also got my choice of a side). The soup had good flavor, the cilantro and lime notes were immediately present but I had a difficult time finding the chicken. Regardless the soup was tasty and that's what really matters, right? The panini was grilled to perfection! Crisp and crunchy bread while the filling was warm and melty. My only disappointment with this panini was there were no chunks of artichoke hearts that I was hoping for. 

For my additional side I ordered the housemade chips. They were light and crisp with a seasoning sprinkled over them. They were, however a little over golden brown and I wished the seasoning had been more evenly distrubuted to all the chips. 

I should really come up with some kind of scale for rating restaurants rather than just saying "they were good" or "I recommend it" but until I develop one I suppose I'll have to just tell you, my loyal readers, that Grady's Grille is definitely worth checking out! 

2 comments:

  1. Good post, I'm glad you liked the food! You should go into more detail about what you liked about a dish instead of saying one good and one bad, otherwise it seems like you're saying the restaurant is 2/4 then giving it a 3.5/4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, daughter, for the lovely manicure. I enjoyed our lunch also. I'd give our day five stars even if the food would have been just so/so ! Love you ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete