Thursday, December 18, 2014

Marcello's Chophouse

In addition to testing recipes, I also want to review LOCAL restaurants I visit. 

Today I went to Marcello's Chophouse in Albuquerque, New Mexico for my office's annual Christmas luncheon. 

Marcello's is located at 2201 Q Street #9B in Albuquerque Uptown. 

The atmosphere was classy yet comfortable. There is a large temperature controlled wine cellar in the restaurant that frankly made me disappointed I couldn't partake in the wine. 

Unfortunately, their hostess station is small and crowded which normally wouldn't have bothered me if not for the fact the restaurant had lost our reservation and all 6 of us were waiting in the crampt area for 20 minutes while our room was prepared. When we were eventually seated, the lights in the room were left off which made reading the menus almost possible if not for the open wall of windows. 

Ordering: I decided to get an Ahi Seared Tuna sandwich prepared medium rare. The sandwich was well-worth the 30 minute wait between ordering and being served. The tuna was seared and seasoned to perfection! It was almost an injustice to serve this beautiful inch-thick fillet on a bun (which unfortunately fell apart due to the juicy "vine ripened" tomatoes and some variety of green aioli). The sandwich was served with natural cut fries with sea salt; normally I adore salt but these were a little too much for me. 

When the server came around to explain the desserts I already knew what I wanted : raspberry clafoutis! For those of you who have no idea what this is, allow me to elaborate. A clafoutis is a French cake (the server compared it to a pound cake but it's much eggier in texture) with raspberries baked in and topped with raspberry compote and vanilla bean ice cream. The raspberries in the compote were fresh and the citrus-y flavor was at the forefront of your pallet. To be blunt it was like eating heaven! 

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone reading this (and I hope there's at least one of you!) and try the wine and let me know how it is! 

Happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment