Sunday, December 14, 2014

Why?

When I was in high school I decided I wanted to be a lawyer because I had read and was inspired by Healter Skelter. When it came time for me to choose a college major the obvious choice was Criminology; I signed up for the classes and began gearing my life toward my future in law.

During my second semester of college I quit the part-time job I had at a fast-food joint and stumbled upon (literally, I had no idea I would get the job due to the fact I had no experience) a part-time job for an attorney who specializes in Estate Planning and Probate.

I am proud to say that I have worked for this attorney for the past 3 years. However, my path in life has changed. Working at the attorney's office taught me I wasn't passionate about law and what is life about if not passion? I have learned that life is far too short and precious to waste doing just because it will get you money, fame, status, etc.

So what am I passionate about? Cooking. Even from a young age I was addicted to watching Food Network; I can clearly remember watching Emeril Lagasse with my Italian grandfather. This blog is to serve as an account of my passion. I just graduated from college with my degree in Criminology and am elated to say that I will be chasing my dreams and attending culinary school in August 2015.

I will post on here the recipes I try, the food I feed my husband and our friends, and what I'm learning in culinary school. If you take nothing else from my meager postings, remember to do what you're passionate about.

2 comments:

  1. Encouraging post! Congrats on graduation and acceptance into culinary school. Wishing you all the best.

    ~Sissy

    ReplyDelete