Monday, May 1, 2017

Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache

Happy Monday, readers! I hope you had a relaxing and always-too-short weekend! Today is May 1, do you know what that means?


Last week was my company's staff appreciation week so as a "thank you" to the gentleman of the Service Center that assisted me with all the events last week, I decided to make brownies for them. I've never made brownies without a mix before so I will say this was a little bit of a challenge for me. After some Googling, I found a recipe for Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate Genache which was honestly amazing. It was also dual serving because I have a half-gallon of buttermilk chillin' in my fridge and have nothing to use it for.


Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache



For brownies:
1/2 C unsalted butter
1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C canola oil
2 C granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/4 C buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 C flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp kosher salt
1 C milk chocolate chips


Chocolate Ganache


1/2 C unsalted butter
1/2 C buttermilk
1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
4 C powdered sugar
3/4 C milk chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 400 and spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with baking spray.


In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine butter, coca powder and oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.


In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Slowly add in the butter mixture and combine until smooth. Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.


To make the ganache, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, buttermilk and cocoa powder. Heat until mixture boils. Remove from heat and mix with powdered sugar until smooth. Pour onto the brownies and top with chocolate chips. Place the brownies in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.


I hate to toot my own horn but...beep beep! These brownies were fudgy, oh-so chocolately and just downright delicious! Thank you Google!

2 comments: