Monday, May 29, 2017

Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos

Good morning, readers! I hope your (hopefully) long weekend is going well and relaxing and you're remembering the reason for your long weekend. So I know I promised honey-lime cilantro salmon as my next post but I ended up becoming incredibly lazy Friday night and eating leftovers so I'm going to hit you with 3 recipes that I made this weekend instead!

Saturday morning I made some delicious Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos to begin my day and below is the fantastic recipe!

Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos



2 Tbsp olive oil
4 mini sweet peppers, seeded and diced
1 C kale
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
4 "bacon" slices (recipe here)
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp skim milk
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
2 whole wheat tortillas

Saute peppers in 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat until blistered. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant and slightly browned. Cook the kale until tender.

In a small bowl, beat together eggs with milk. Pour the egg mixture over the peppers, garlic and kale and stir to combine. Cook until the eggs are fluffy, cooked and scrambled.

While the eggs are cooking, heat up the "bacon" in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until crisp and warm.  You could heat them in the microwave but it may result in soggy and limp "bacon".

Place 1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese in the center of each wheat tortilla and top with 2 slices of bacon. Spoon half of the egg mixture on top and roll into a burrito shape. Microwave whole burritos for 45 seconds to melt the cheese and enjoy your delicious burritos!

I ate 2 burritos at 9:00 AM and was completely satisfied until 6:00 PM! Isn't that crazy?

1 comment:

  1. You not being hungry was your body's way of saying "no more kale, please".

    ReplyDelete